don't moisturize in the airport


Advertisement
North America
April 11th 2011
Published: April 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It’s 5 am in Atlanta Georgia – on my way to Philadelphia to visit with family for a couple of days before taking off on Thursday for Warsaw. I started off right away with a bit of an interesting experience at the airport in Phoenix – after a sad parting with Pat – but looking forward to seeing him in Mongolia in 8 weeks! At security, they decided to swab the palms of my hands (which I didn’t see them do to anyone else) and apparently I had some substance on my hands that they said was something explosives are made of. He called his supervisor over relaying over the radio that they have a “female” - I relayed that I just put lotion on my hands and the guy said “well you should know never to do that before going through security – lotion has glycerin and what are explosives made of?” – I said I didn’t know what explosives are made of… I don’t know if he was testing me or what - so I was then escorted by the supervisor guy where they went through all of my belongings with a fine toothed comb and swabbed everything – while curiously asking me about the 2 guide books I had with me for Poland and India and “do I speak the language?” – then to a private room where a woman and another woman present to witness very uncomfortably patted me down – all over. Then again more swabs to ensure I didn’t have any more explosive matter on me – interesting. Anyway – they were at least pleasant – and now I know all about lotion and a little bit about explosives. I explained that I thought I was being responsible by giving my boyfriend the bottle of lotion before going through security since I knew it was too big of a container – so much for being responsible. So – lesson learned – don’t moisturize at the airport before security – and I guess that means don’t wash hands before going through security either since soap has glycerin too? – our national security at its finest – I wondered if I was supposed to now feel safe. So – this killed a bit of time and I was able to board plane with no further adventure. Had 3 seats to myself to stretch out on for 3 hours – sweet. Will try to get some sleep now in this cold airport of Atlanta..

Advertisement



13th April 2011

Good to know...
the part about what bombs are made of! lol, just kidding... Really that is a little bit of overkill by TSA I might add. Them fools always like to mess up all my neatly packed clothes when they rummage through my suitcases!! But I will remember to not use lotion or wash my hands with soap until through security! Enjoy Philly!

Tot: 0.428s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb