thel did it again!!!!


Advertisement
North America
September 5th 2010
Published: September 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, You know how you wake up on a holiday and think yesterday was the best and we can't beat it - well today we did !! Spent some time on the bay in Vancouver whilst waiting for the sea plane. Thel had heard negative things about Vancouver - but we found nothing negative - the bay was great to watch as we left - such a busy shipping port with massive liners and so many yachts with their own little (big) sheds to keep them from harm. Found more new friends on the bay - pommies this time - bloody rich pommies - (thank goodness we didn't mention business class) because we think they don't even travel first class - because they have their own plane. They live on the north shore of Vancouver for 4 months of the year - they ahve a house in spain and a yacht in vancouver and a yacht in Spain and an apartment in London - on the last cruise with the QE2 - they were really nice people though.

But then.... Thel did it again - found something super different for us to do - the sea plane was fantastic - so cool taking off - a couple of little bumps then up you go - over the mountains - so much water, so many islands and more yachts everywhere.. The ride was clear and not bumpy and magnificant views for 25 minutes -- 16 people on the plane plus two pilots - it wasn't too small at all - just had to be carfeul with luggage weight. it was so much fun - soft landing in front of the chateau in Victoria - Lou had her mouth open like a little kid for the whole flight - WOW !! then 2 minutes walk to the new motel for two nights - central and Victoria on first site was breathtaking - it has been such a blue sky day again... Thel finds such great things to do on the net ... up to the room and changed and out a again to catch the bus to Butchard Gardens.....

O.M.G. - WOW - SPECTACULAR - BREATHTAKING - IN ORDER BUT NOT IN ORDER - GORGEOUS - DIVINE - SPECIAL and very very BIG!! You all have to put it on your itineray if you are ever here - people like Mrs Butchard have such amazing forsight for future generations - Lou cried twice just because it was so overwhelming ... you will understand when you see the photos (or maybe not - it is Lou and Thel had dry eyes ...) .. You have had it Wayne - Vicki is doing a whole new garden and she even has the photos ready to show you what she wants - start digging baby!!!

You know how everything is BIG over here - Bloody seagulls - have we told you about them - the are almost as big as pelicans and they are so noisy.

Thanks for message Lynne - hope everyone who has loved ones in NZ - that they are safe. Keep us up to date like that - as there is no news over here - where is Australia??? you know what we mean...

It is 6.30pm here and the motel has this net service - so we thought we would grab the one and only computer whilst we could - take care - love to you all, Lou and Thel (Lou STARVING!! - are you shocked?)





Advertisement



5th September 2010

green with envy
hi Thel and Lou, Thank you both for starting our day with so many laughs! you are both reminding us of a skitt out of "little Britain" where the policeman asks the woman to describe the robber and she says "oooh he's gorrrrgeous"! I have nothing to report here, as everything sounds so lame in comparison to your adventure. We look forward to your next blog eagerly!!! Love you both xxxx The Wakies

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb