Day 3 begins.........Grand Falls, NB


Advertisement
North America
July 27th 2010
Published: July 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The first two days have gone quickly. The temperature continues to drop. We are both blasting ourselves for forgetting certain things, oh well! Mileage the first day was 690 km! Keeners we are - our campsite on the north bank of the St Lawrence in Lanoraie, Que. had a gorgeous view of the full moon to boot!

Has it been one year since we spent this much time together on a bike? Without an intercom system we are getting familiar once again with the hand and directional signals in which to communicate with. Many, many Spyders or 3 wheeler motorcycles on the highway.

Day 2 we drove 594 km to Grand Falls, the rain threatening and teasing at times from an angry looking sky. Put on my wet geat to keep warm! I find the wind batters me around on the back and I have to keep a firm hold on the book I am reading "The Brain That Changes Itself" We opt for a motel and yak to our biker neighbours from Cornerbrook, Nfld. They prepare us for rain, fog, moose and colder temps. We are going shopping first thing for those neglected items!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb