My visit to the beautiful Niagara Falls


Advertisement
North America
October 14th 2009
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On October 7th 2009, i went on a field trip with my travel& tourism class and natural disasters class. We all loaded into the bus at 8am and we made our way to Niagara Falls. We arrived at 10:05 and everyone was relieved because it was a long time for 50 teenagers to be sitting in a school bus. We decided to go to the Maid of The Mist, but we got told that it was closed so my teachers decided that we would go on Niagaras fury. We had to walk for 15 minutes along the boundaries for the falls, which allowed us to see the entire view of the falls.


When we arrived at the building which had the Niagara Fury 4D movie, we have 20 minutes to spare before the movie started so me and my friends decided to look around at the gift shops. When we got into the theater, we were told to put on plastic covers because we were going to get wet. It lasted about 20 minutes and it was interesting to see how the falls were created, but it is more intended for children because it used a cartoon to show the story. It was cool because they had snow, rain, thunder and lightening which tied into the creation of the falls. After the movie was over, we were supposed to go on a hike of the Niagara Gorge, but we didn't have enought time so we just went to Clifton hill.



We decided to check out the Hersheys store to buy some chocolate, and it made me really hungry so we decided to go get food at Burger King.I went to check out the arcade to play games, but we decided to play at the 3D Ghost Blasters instead. I thougt it was very cool and it reminded me of playing video games and I enjoyed it alot. I played against my friend Kayla, and i won, but it was okay because we both really enjoyed it and we didnt care who won.

After having a little fun it was time for us to finish the assignment that we had to do. We wen't to selected attractions to take pictures and assess them.We enjoyed seeing the wax museum, haunted houses, and gift shops. We were tired after all the walking so we decided to go down to the meeting spot so we could have some rest.

We arrived 20 minutes before the specific time so we just relaxed and tried to stay warm because it was a very cold day. The teachers arrived and we were all waiting for the bus driver to arrive. After being 10 minutes late, our teachers decided to call her. After 10 minutes of trying to reach her,they finally got a hold of her and she told them she was on her way.

She arrived 20 minutes later and everyone was cold and was tired from the day. On the bus ride home, most people took naps while others were quiet and listened to their ipods and relaxed. Everyone was happy to be back at Birchmount after another 2 hour drive. Everyone wanted to go home and take a nap.

I enjoyed this trip alot but it would have been better if we had more time to look around and have fun. We should have just went to Clifton Hill instead of wasting all the time at Niagaras Fury. But it was fun how we got to spend the days with our friends without teachers supervision.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb