The Travel Day


Advertisement
North America
October 8th 2009
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
First MealFirst MealFirst Meal

Harvey's Burger with Bacon

Travel Day



Saskatoon


We got to JGD Airport in Saskatoon at 7:30 a.m. visitted with my mom, Carla's mom, Kristin, Carla's friend and my brother Pat and his g/f Jenilee. We ended up doing the whole good bye thing going through security and realising our flight was delayed an hour. So we went back out and chillled with our fam for another 45 minutes or so til they called our flight.

Calgary


In Calgary we grabbed some Harvey's for lunch, picked up a sweet Vancouver 2010 stuffed animal (Muk Muk if you care) for Jeremy's kids and went through U.S. Customs. We had to wait in Calgary for a partial white out which required all the taking off planes to get deiced. Thankfully the Air Canada planes were nicely spacey and comfortable and the storm provide a good tailwind out of the north.

Los Angeles


We got to LAX on time only to find out out Maple Leaf Lounge Guest Passes are for departing Air Canada flights only so we ended up eating at some horrible airport grill and chillin on the airport benches.

Auckland


The flight took off for Auckland on time and we got there
The RulingThe RulingThe Ruling

Carla Likey!
a bit early, which was good because it took us an hour and a half to get through Customs and Biosecurity at the airport thanks to Immigration New Zealand losing Carla's Visa. Fortunately a nice Immigration lady at the airport checked her passport and said we are good to go.

Pictures to come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Tried to Figure Where We Were By This LakeTried to Figure Where We Were By This Lake
Tried to Figure Where We Were By This Lake

Somewhere in the Midwest USA. Bonus prize for getting it right?! Get on a plane and verify it, might as well come to NZ while you're at it!
LAXLAX
LAX

We took this picture before we found out we couldn't use our Maple Leaf Lounge passes. Oh well we still got to New Zealand!


16th October 2009

Keep us posted....
Anxiously waiting to see some pics of your travels. We don do facebook... so we e relying on this site to see New Zealand through your eyes. Have a GREAT TIME! p.s. You e wedding was fabulous.. its always awesome to see a nice, loving couple, united in matrimony. Hope to see some pics very soon !! Take care Aunt Deb

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.9kb