Introduction


Advertisement
North America
July 4th 2009
Published: July 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Eight years ago, in Grade 9, after a hot summer trackmeet, we were lingering around Robert Southey School after hours. On this particular day, we had a long talk with our English teacher, Ms. Berg. Travel was the topic, and Ms. Berg was reminiscing about a long backpacking trip she went on in her youth. Her advice to us was that we had to do it when we were young, before we were married and before we were settled in our career.
And that was the spark. We made a pact that we would go backpacking across Europe that evening. We decided the perfect time would be immediately after we convocated from university. And here we are, both fresh grads from the U of S, two days before we leave for our two month trip. We will start by flying into London. Next, we will take the chunnel to Paris. From there we hit Germany - Munich and Berlin. And then, it will be Vienna. Italy will be our longest stay, starting in Venice, Rome, Florence and Pisa. Back to France in Nice, and ending in Barcelona (April in Frankfurt, Germany).
We will try to post weekly, discussing our adventures and newby traveller blunders, as well as all of our pictures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb