Helena, Montana


Advertisement
North America
June 10th 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Helena, is a beautiful city at the eastern foot of the Continental Divide, capital of Montana and seat of Lewis and Clark County, in the western part of the state. Located in the Prickly Pear Valley in a fertile region surrounded by hills and mountains, Helena is a commercial, financial, and transportation center for all agricultural and mining districts. Government, the insurance industry, and tourism are important to the city's economy. Manufactures of the area include refined lead, processed food, paint,, building supplies and materials, and metal products.

This is a wonderful little town. There is much to do here. There are two dams and reservoirs and many rivers for fishing, boating and enjoying yourself. There are also many nice restaurants here. This is ranch country, lots of large cattle and horse ranches that cover thousands of acres.

The state capitol was completed in 1902, with a copper-clad dome surmounted by a copy of the Statue of Liberty; the former governo's mansion built in 1885, and the Montana Historical Solciety Museum,, with exhibits on the history of the region and a collection of 200 works by Western artist Charles Russell.

Also, there is much to do here for recreation with the Canyon Ferry Dam and Reservoir nearby

Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.15s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb