Winter 2008 in San Felipe, Baja


Advertisement
North America
April 24th 2009
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have just returned from a winter in the deserts of San Felipe, BC., Arizona, and Southern California. The weather was cool at times but nowhere near as cold as it would have been in Northern California.

We saw many friends years past and made new friends. The folks in San Felipe come from all over and are a wonderful group of people. The get togethers are continuous and one must keep a calendar to keep track of what is next.

We have completed our building project and are very happy with the results. The Ramada is a perfect place for the motorhome and the outside kitchen, bath, and patio are working out perfectly. Of course the garage is spectacular. That sounds like something a guy would say, doesn't it. We can store all of the toys and other stuff and still have room for Priscilla to create Mosaic artwork. No kidding, she has been playing around and she has learned a lot. I will try to upload some pictures of the place and her creations.

The desert runs with the rail is one of the most fun things we did this year. Each excursion is a new venture into the desert. The views are different and the ride is a blast. We usually take a picnic type lunch and we all take a break in the desert. Great fun.

I hope I can keep up on the travelblog. Any feedback would be very nice.

Mike


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Diva & the dead cowDiva & the dead cow
Diva & the dead cow

It's a desert waypoint


11th May 2009

Looks great!
Hey Dad! I love the blog. I think it will be a great way for us to keep track of you two as you drive all over the country. I can't wait to see where you end up! The ramada looks beautiful. I am really looking forward to heading down there and seeing it in person. Maybe next Christmas?! Love you both and I think this is an awesome way to keep in touch with you. Drive safe!
15th May 2009

baja buddies
we are happy to see the peggers are bloggers. have fun traveling and we miss you three. love, the goils

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb