this ain't nawlins!!


Advertisement
North America
March 27th 2009
Published: March 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

bbqbbqbbq

should we? or shan't we? good thing we still have left over ribs!
what a difference a few minutes can make.

two days ago i BBQ'd ribs for dinner. while the preceding weekend, temps were in the 70's, which was perfect for climbing (and i did). (not to mention the beautiful 70 and 80 degree weather experienced in new orleans just a few days before that)

yesterday morning was beautifully sunshiney(sc) making all the hoopla about an approaching storm seem well a bit ridiculous. so i lay me head down for a wee bit of a nap. i awoke to discover that the blizzard of '09 had arrived. bringing traffic throughout the area to a halt and also cutting power for a few hours.

today was not looking to bright so i took another nap. i awoke to find the weather had reversed again. so, this afternoon i found myself hot and sweating whilst taking a 50 minute long roundtrip walk to the library. a useless walk as it was closed, well not useless as i guess i got some benefit from the walk itself.

i guess the moral of the story should be to take a nap and upon waking you will find that the weather has changed. that or you could go to new orleans, which of course only works before summer and hurricane season arrive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

bedroom viewbedroom view
bedroom view

look at all the pretty white stuff. of course i couldn't see it with my head buried as it was in the 40 degree range in my trailer overnight.
break from snow shovellingbreak from snow shovelling
break from snow shovelling

i shovelled my 92 year old neighbors' walks but that wasn't enough. so she had her 77 y/o soon hard at work. she was helping though. i think i had gone in for my nap.
gym's closedgym's closed
gym's closed

no workout today. unless you counted the snow shovelling? that is my pull up, dip, push up station covered in white fluff.


Tot: 0.439s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb