New York, Hamilton, Ottawa, Montreal, Sherbrook, Fernie


Advertisement
North America
December 20th 2007
Published: December 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

FernieFernieFernie

Frozen hair in fernie
I am getting so lazy with the blog updates, sorry about that. It is just hard to find an internet connection and somewhere where I can plug in my camera, not always easy to find.

Anyway I have found both so here goes...

We landed in New York and finally found our hostel, which turned out to be right across from Central Park. The next morning we checked out Central Park and went to Times Square and went to M&M world (that was exciting). New York is crazy, there is just stuff going on all the time, it's crazy. We really wanted to see the New York Ballet Company do Nutcracker, but like everything else we left it to the day of the show and tickets had sold out. So we saw STOMP instead which was really great. It's where they use all kinds of things to make percussion, like tap dancing, and brooms, and clapping and garbage bins and yeah it was just hard to explain but really cool.

We then went to Toronto to hang out with Ains's Aunt and Uncle, who are the coolest old people I have ever met. There was so much snow,
New York New York New York

There is an actual M&M world
well I thought there was heaps. We did novel things like shovel their drive way and watched movies. We also went and checked out Niagara Falls, it was really loud and really cold.

Oh that's the other thing I forgot, CANADA IS COLD!! Like it's ridiculous, like it's cool and fun We to a point, but sometimes it's so cold, it hurts to breathe.

We then went to Ottawa to hang out with Mish, which was cool. A snow storm hit on Sunday and something like 40-50cm fell in one day. So we were outside for all of 1 hour that day to play in the snow but that was about it. The snow was up to my hip, you would just sink in the snow and the playground equipment was basically covered, it was crazy!

From Ottawa we caught a bus to Montreal. It's hard being a tourist when it is just so cold and there is so much snow, because you can't really stay outside too long. We checked out the underground city in Montreal and we grabbed some sleds and went to a park and went sledding, it was pretty awesome.

We spent
SherbrookSherbrookSherbrook

With Mish!
a couple of days with Mish in her home town in Sherbrook and hung out with her family, it was really cool. We went sledding which was so much fun.

From there we went to Ottawa again for the night as we were flying out early the next morning. We flew to Calgary and are now here in Fernie, where we have been skiing over christmas for the past couple of days. We are staying with some of the Milne's friends Rory and Diane who are really cool and have a really great place in Fernie. The snow is great, very cold, but still good. The mountain is huge and hopefully my skiing has improved a bit since I have been here.

We fly out at 6am for Hawaii on Saturday morning, so we are going to spend the night at the airport tomorrow night, woo! Seeing as we have to be there at 4am we figured there was much point in booking a place to stay.


Check out the photos, it will give you a better idea of just how much snow there is.

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

MontrealMontreal
Montreal

Everybody was kung fu fightinnggggg
OttawaOttawa
Ottawa

With Mish in Ottawa after a snow storm, we are super cool in our plastic bags, there is so much snow its crazy
FernieFernie
Fernie

my half arsed 2 minute attempt at snow shoeing
New York City BabyNew York City Baby
New York City Baby

We saw STOMP in new york, the sad thing is, I had such bad jet lag I fell asleep for a bit of it
FernieFernie
Fernie

On top of the mountain at Fernie, some of the best skiing in the world
HamiltonHamilton
Hamilton

With Una and Bernd in Hamilton in Canada
FernieFernie
Fernie

The view from the top!


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.5kb