Day 3


Advertisement
North America
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Camp Name- Lake Isabella/# Miles- 9.5/ Portages-5

We woke up, some more quickly, others more achily! Took down camp; had a delicious breakfast of oatmeal with raisins; cinnamon and brown sugar on the side. We got into our canoes and paddled across Lake Isabella...had wind to contest with, so travel was laborious. Did our first portage..I was feeling so great-carried our canoe half way!!! Granted, a short one- but success for me!! Did a second, shorter portage, then a long one-130 rods! I really appreciatedTeo and Camilla and our group as we all work together to get everything portaged. Had a quick gorp break; a longer lunch break of hummus, crackers, cheddar cheese, sliced apples...with sids of pretzels and classic mustard, courtesy of Camilla. As we got back on the water it was more cloudy, and we could hear thunder in the distance. A storm was coming up quickly! We paddled and portaged and might have stayed out in the storm there but it was very rocky (attractive to lightning) Quickly we packed up the canoes and paddled like mad to a nearby camp. Hopped out after a little misunderstanding of priorities we all crouched in the lightning position apart from each other. We had one count of lightning very scary. After it died down we pitched tents. Erin and Kim are tying to start a fire with wet wood...no doubt they do it with help from our leaders. I (we) really appreciate there leadership and skills this afternoon.

When you are dreaming of the person you want to be, don't forget the person you are.

-Author Unknown

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0754s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb