Enroute to Boise


Advertisement
North America
June 11th 2007
Published: June 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We stopped at the famous Twin Falls, Idaho Bridge for a visit to the golf course and the falls located on the famous Snake River.

The golf course is located on a cliff 425 ft. above the snake river in snake river canyon. One of the holes is shown here. The bridge over the canyon is one of the most famous bridges in Idaho. This is also the site where Evil Kenevil jumped the snake river canyon on his motorcycle and didn't make it. The bike and Evil went to the bottom of the canyon. Evil had a parachute, the bike did not. Click on the pictures for more details.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Twin Falls Golf CourseTwin Falls Golf Course
Twin Falls Golf Course

This is a shot of the Twin Falls Golf Course located in the Snake River Canyon. The green is the small green dot located in the sloping rock high above the Snake River . Notice the cliff to the left dropping off straight down to the river bed.
The Snake River Bridge at Twin FallsThe Snake River Bridge at Twin Falls
The Snake River Bridge at Twin Falls

The Perrine Memorial bridge is one of the most famous in Idaho as it bridges the Snake River Canyon. It spans the canyon and is over 1500 ft. long and 458 ft. above the Snake River.
Twin Falls Golf CourseTwin Falls Golf Course
Twin Falls Golf Course

Here is another shot of the Snake River Canyon Twin Falls Golf Course which sits on a rock cliff some 425 ft. above the snake river canyon.
Evil KenevilEvil Kenevil
Evil Kenevil

This guy must have a true death wish! Now, he did not jump down by the river. Oh no, he jumped on his motorcycle from the top part of the rim of the canyon - way up near where the sky meets the edge of the rim of the canyon. You can't even see the other edge in this photo!
The Famous Perrine BridgeThe Famous Perrine Bridge
The Famous Perrine Bridge

This bridge at one time was the largest in the world. Bunje Jumpers leaped from this bridge to be met by a boat down below. The sun highlighted a portion of the photo (the cliffs) . This is where Evil Kenevil made his famous jump.


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005.2kb