My friend is missng in Syria pt.2


Advertisement
North America
May 2nd 2007
Published: May 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Nicole VienneauNicole VienneauNicole Vienneau

Nicole is missing in Syria
This is taken from Nicole's brothers blog:

My Sister, Nicole Vienneau, Has Gone Missing in Syria

May 1st UPDATE (Afternoon):

Here is a summary of my sister's information:

Passport name: Jacqueline Nicole Vienneau
Passport number: JP588938
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: approx 130 lb
Brown hair and brown eyes
She had a 6 month Syrian visa # 000166020, issued Oct 5, 2006 and good until Apr 5th 2007
Last Heard From: March 29th in Syria. Likely Damascus. She had just returned to Syria from Lebanon with the intent to travel Syria until her visa expired on April 5th, and then on to Turkey. We still don't know if she made it out of Syria - the request to find out was submitted to Turkey ten days ago (see below for bureaucratic issues)

At this point I'm concentrating on searching for her in Syria. If we find that she's made it to Turkey, then the possible options become much larger.

Nicole is travelling alone but would ocasionally meet up with other travellers and they would travel together.

Her Plan/Itinerary: She is using the Lonely Planet guide to the Middle East for the Syria portion of her trip. Thus we can roughly guess at where she would visit based on whether it's covered in the book. On the other hand, she also liked to borrow country-specific guidebooks from other travellers or hotels to get an idea of things she might be missing, and she might visit something that is highly recommended by others but not in the guidebook.


Travel Style: She is very cost-conscious - she uses the cheapest hotels/hostels and the cheapest travel options including local mini- and micro-buses.

Based on the Lonely Planet and my experiences travelling with her, I suspect her itinerary would include Damascus, Hama and Aleppo for certain. Potentially Palmyra, and a slim possibility of Bosra and Lattakia. I have a list of three hotels in each of these cities that I'm hoping can be contacted by someone who speaks Arabic, either on-site, or by telephone, to see if she stayed there between March 29th and April 5th.

If you are able to help with this, please email me at mattv99@hotmail.com and I'll send you the list - I don't want to have too much overlap and barrage these poor hotels with calls.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb