Day 1


Advertisement
North America
July 22nd 2018
Published: July 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Train from San Francisco to Santa Clara.





Promised to be picked up in a couple of minutes, waited in a shade almost an hour. Managed to grab a 9'' sandwich (Feel the Bern) from a local shop.

Got the papers done with Frank. Got acquainted with the RV. Sorted out the bags and stuff.



Around 15:30 the journey has started. ivica was the first to give it a try.



Despite of the warning of the swinging automatic door from an employee, came too close and managed to switch to reverse in the last second.

Next stop was a shopping break in Marina near Monterey. For the journey of ~90km it took us three hours on highway 101.

One hour for grocery shopping after which we headed towards Big Sur on highway 1. Immediately after Monterey we encountered an epic fog, where visibility was 50m or so. This lasted practically all the way to Big Sur, where the air became clear. We stopped around 21:00 inside the forrest and started making dinner. Elahi did his best and didn't disappoint us.Finished the bedding and stuff before midnight. At 00:00 Luc peed for the last time (hopefully).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb