On Internet Dating…and its Possibilities


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 8th 2017
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Advent of e-Dating

The survival of the human species hinges fundamentally on their ability to procreate a newer generation of sentient beings in their own liking – an evolutionary process that requires two individuals conforming to the opposite sex to interact and connect meaningfully (pun intended). Historically, this process was simple and very basic, and largely featured a man and a woman from a narrow cultural and/or geographical sphere (who had often known each other since childhood – on account of being members of the same extended family, clan or tribe) getting engaged to each other. With the advancements in technology and intellectual vigor changing the prospects for humanity as a whole (and revolutionizing all aspects of common life for the individual), it became astonishingly easier for people of diverse backgrounds and cultural orientations to exchange their views – and give vent to their pent-up feelings. Thus began the saga of the modern Internet Dating experience, and it has been thriving as a hot commodity on the Web’s virtual ‘real estate’ space ever since. With a high-speed internet subscription plan (like the one’s on offer from <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Xfinity Internet – along with some of the other leading ISP’s in the country), now it has become easier than ever to meet charming strangers with profiles similar to yours - who are equally eager to pursue a proper meet-and-greet, without all the off-putting pretense that often comes attached to such personal ventures.



How it rolls…

Most modern Internet dating sites follow a typical design-and-functionality template. They begin by asking prospective members to fill out all of their personal credentials (with the condition of being completely honest – so as not to deceive other members engaged with the service) at the very outset, and then proceed to asking them to upload their best identifying picture(s); along with samples or links of their published works or creative portfolios (if any). Subjectivity-gauging questionnaires, included with each user’s free or paid subscription (depending upon the site), generate profile specificities which are then dropped into a pool comprised of all the other sites members. As a result, when two (or more) individuals have their ‘What are your likes?’ and ‘What are you looking for?’ clauses matched-up, they are given the opportunity to size each other up at a distance – by thoroughly looking over their potential partner’s profile details with a certain degree of anonymity – and deciding if they want to take the acquaintance further or not. Many people, by undergoing this fun and inherently unnerving process (there can be no denying that), have not only ended up being involved in enviable courtships; some have even found their much longed-for life partners as well. Some entertainment services-providers, like Xfinity (through their <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Xfinity Offers venture), greatly accentuate the fun-factor of these online dating sessions by providing service features that complement the entire process.



Accommodating Everyone

The Internet, like any publicly-connected medium of information and data-dissemination, is in <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">no way immune to the sociological currents and transformations that inform contemporary culture. Take the case of the traditional gender binary of heterosexual unions. With the rising recognition of LGBTQ identities and associations as legitimate forms of conjugal affiliation the world over (particularly in western countries like the U.S), the old normative standards of male/female-only interactions have become skewed – if not only on intellectual grounds. Seeing this trend, online dating websites and apps (like Tinder, Match.com, Elite Singles and eHarmony – along with most others) were quick to adapt, and rapidly began to offer all of their subscription services and connectivity features to individuals who conformed to any of these sexual orientations. <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Xfinity Internet, being a pioneer in terms of leading from the front when it comes to matters of social responsibility and cultural ethics, powers many of such online dating engines today – and continues to facilitate users who are on the lookout for a good internet experience altogether.

bestcableinternetdeals.com right now – and check out all the offers on display.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb