Things to know about basics of HTML


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 19th 2017
Published: May 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hyper TextMarkup Language or popularly known as HTML is widely used language all across the software industry. In fact, everything in the World Wide Web revolves around the use of HTML. HTML is the foundational step for creating any website. Although, many more technologies get involved in creating an interactive website; HTML is stepping stone for creating one. If you have minimal knowledge about HTML, you can create a successful website with the help of online tutorials or prototype websites which are available online. Hence, let us understand about HTML and how to begin learning about the basics.

How to start with HTML?

HTML is easy to learn even for novice developers. Here are some HTML Tips to help you to get started. The HTML provides you many interesting features of website development, like for example creating layout and frames, setting rolling images and overlapping texts. One good aspect with the learning of HTML is that it does not require any development platforms or complicated software’s for creating normal HTML websites. Like for developing Android apps or running a java code, involves huge amount of software installation and lot of procedural steps. With HTML you do not require any. You can start creating on the applications available on your computer. If you have a browser and a text editor, you can create your first webpage. You can use Notepad or Notepad++ if you are Windows user and for Mac user, TextEdit and if you are using Linux or GNU, then can use gedit.

For creating the first web page, you need to open a document in the text pad and save it as “filename.html”. The extension of .html can contain any names. The rules of naming are similar to naming of any Word or Excel document. You can use alpha numeric codes and underscore as a space extension.

Create your first webpage:

The second major step involves creating a small text message as your first website. You need to enter codes within the tags (< text >😉, open tags and close tags. The text which is entered outside of these tags is not included as a HTML code. You can learn more from this website http://www.ihtmlvault.com/html/ here.

A simple example of small webpage:

<em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;"> My First Webpage

<em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Hi, I have created my first web page

When you are ready with this text, you can open the document (which now appears in the form of a web browser). The page will open in web browser of your computer. In the text, the first tag and last tags and are the most important tags to create a web page. The tag shows the title of your web page on the top of the website. Thetag includes everything which you want to display in the website. If there is a beginning tag, then there must be an ending tag such as,. You do not require an internet connection to run this web page. So, start learning and play with images and text. Make them interactive by creating your own website and earn money.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.443s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 8; ; mem: 1.1mb