The Impact of Cannabis on Tourism in The United States of America


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 8th 2017
Published: May 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

It is very likely that cannabis has had a great impact on tourism in the USA. In recent years, a lot of states in the USA and some other countries have relaxed their regulations towards medical marijuana. But some states are taking a step further. Washington, Colorado, Alaska and Oregon have all legalized cannabis as a recreational drug among grownups. Now, tourists that want a taste of marijuana for the first time have started selecting places that are marijuana friendly as holiday destinations. Hotels.com search engine revealed that in one year, searches for hotels in Denver went up by 73%! (MISSING)

There are now marijuana tour operators that offer vacation packages with tours to cannabis farms. Some say that this new market is similar to brewery tours or wine tasting in vineyards. On the tours, tourists get information on the different products and types of cannabis. The tourists are educated on the various ways to get high so that they can know what they are consuming and the specific ways of getting high for each type.

Colorado is one of the places that have invested a lot in marijuana tourism. At first, there were a few marijuana friendly hotels that offer tourists a place to stay. This is very popular now and Colorado now has thousands of tourists every year. This has brought in a lot of money. Those that are interested in marijuana cultivation can visit this site to get marijuana seeds in the USA.

Nature has played an important part in the promotion for companies that sell marijuana themed vacations. They promote connecting with nature, slow living and activities like hiking that connects one with the natural environment. The wilderness is also one of the hotspots for tourists.

A trip to Alaska which is one of the largest statesmassages with oils from marijuana, restaurants that serve marijuana infused food and ski resorts.

Creative tourists can indulge in painting workshops where they can express themselves after eating or smoking marijuana. In the states where the recreational use of marijuana by adults is allowed, you can get guided tours at dispensaries.



A new report by Arcview Market research, a leading publisher of marijuana market research showed that the legal marijuana market in the USA posted $6.7 billion in revenue in 2016 which was a 30%!i(MISSING)ncrease from 2015.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.466s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb