Day 4 – Space Shuttle Launch – Missed again


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 19th 2017
Published: April 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we drove the short distance from Kissimmee to Titusville.

We did a little more shopping along the way. We have two additional bags to fill with goodies to take home with us, so lots of shopping opportunities with a very different list to last time.

The reason for our visit to Titusville was primarily to see the rocket launch, but we found out last night that it had been delayed, so we get to miss another rocket launch. We are in Cocoa, near to Port Canaveral, on the 24th, so will see if we can fit in a viewing then.

The area around Titusville and Kennedy Space Centre is called the Space Coast and is famous for areas that are good to watch rocket launches without visiting the space centre.

As we are here, we took a walk along the coast to Space View Park. They have a veteran’s memorial park here.

Also, there is a KFC so George gets to have another fix, but this may well be the last one during this holiday.

Tonight we stayed in the Three Oaks Motel. This turned out to be the best hotel of the trip so far. The only issue was the internet was practically non-existent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



19th April 2017

Day 4
Hope you managed to see the space shuttle launch this time, looks like a very interesting area to travel in.
19th April 2017

Space Shuttle launch
Further blog refers - It was cancelled after vehicle breakdown on way to Kennedy Space Centre Port Canaveral
21st April 2017

Day 4
There seems to be a theme to your days shopping ?? shame that the rocket lunch had been delayed but like you said maybe you can fit a viewing in later on in your holiday. KFC that is the one thing I miss here, mmmm. Motel, glad your stay was a good one

Tot: 0.479s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 40; dbt: 0.2297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb