Modesto - California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 18th 2016
Published: May 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

12 – 17th



Modesto



Staying with Robin and Rosemary in Modesto at Rosemary’s house. Having a great time with them showing us around and great catching up. We met 3 years ago on a cruise ship in NZ, we’ve kept in touch via email etc, but nice to see them in person again.



On the 14th it was Robin’s birthday so we went out to the movies in the morning and saw London has fallen. A good movie, very action packed and well done. Like the movies here only $8 for a daytime movie…oh and the seats were the leather reclining ones. I think all movie theatres should be like this. Then we went out for dinner…a great steak house. Phil and I had steak with Lobster tail. Both were just fantastic.



They took us down to a town on the coast called Monterey. This is a stunning town and Phil’s keen now to sail back here. It was quite a long drive down there, we walked around the marina and had a stunning lunch on the wharf. Clam Chowder in a sour dough roll. Fortunately Phil and I shared one as it was huge but beautiful. All the way down the wharf all the eating places are offering free tastes of their clam chowder, so you can taste before you choose a place for lunch. Which we did.



Another day we went to the Sketchers outlet store and all bought some good shoes at great prices. The next stop that day was the Harley shop so we could show R&R a copy of our Trike close up.



We’ve been fed extremely well and looked after just as well, but tomorrow it’s time to head off to the airport and back to the boat. Saturday we’ll be back in the UK, going to Lake Yard and back to boat. Looking forward to being home again, but not so keen to be leaving the US. Oh well, we’ll be back again soon…now to plan for the Baltic.







18th



Rosemary and Robin took us to the train station..about an hour away and we caught the train into the airport..including one change that we managed quite well. We had plenty of time to wait, couldn’t quite check in so had a coffee. About an hour later we were right to check in, done easily. Then the waiting began. The flight itself wasn’t too bad. WE were given dinner and breakfast, but neither of us slept much, not so comfortable, but finally we were in the UK again


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb