Getting Started!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 5th 2014
Published: September 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi, Carrie here!!

Greetings friends and fellow adventurers! Cody and I are a few days away from embarking on a 3 week cross country road trip! We decided it’d be a cool idea to blog along the way to share experiences, ideas, funny stories, mistakes….and all that comes along with spending every waking (and sleeping) minute with your significant other. We invite you to join us on this journey and get to know us a little better!

The following is our guideline/loose itinerary for how to make the best use of our 3 weeks. Comments and suggestions are always welcome! We haven’t done this before and we know there isn’t one right way to do it. Hopefully we can learn a thing or two along the way. Please share suggestions of places to go, things to do, food to eat, and any cool people to meet. We’re still looking for a few places to stay and locals always have the best recommendations! We can always pay in food and alcohol 😉

We leave from NJ on Sunday, Sept. 7th

9/7-9/8 Cleveland OH—visiting friends

9/8-9/10 Chicago, IL—visiting friends

9/10-9/11 Mt. Rushmore, SD ----Still looking for somewhere/someone to stay with!

9/11-9/13 Yellowstone National Park ---- haven’t secured lodging for first night as we’ll be arriving after nightfall, second night we plan to camp.

9/13-9/15 Westport, CA/Redwoods---Visiting friends

9/15-9/17 San Francisco area-Visiting friends

9/17 Yosemite day trip and camping in Sequoia National Park at night

9/18-9/20 Los Angeles via a drive down the coast. Disneyland on 9/20 Still looking for somewhere/someone to stay with!

9/20-9/22 San Diego - San Diego Zoo, Still looking for somewhere/someone to stay with!

9/22 Las Vegas – Visiting friends

9/23 Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, visiting friends in Albuquerque

9/24 Rocky Mountains – Camping. Suggestions on where to camp in southern part of Colorado?

9/25 Overnight somewhere between Colorado and Johnson City, TN. Maybe St. Louis? Suggestions?

9/26 Arrive to Cody’s home in Johnson City. He’s in a wedding the following day!!

In other news….we technically don't have jobs. While we've been saving with this trip in mind, we’re travelling on the low-budget end... which I think will encourage us to be smarter and more creative with our adventure. We’re taking advantage of things like Couchsurfing, hostels, AirBnB, camping, hiking, biking, beaches and other low cost ways to explore. It takes a little added research and planning, but we’re both fairly resourceful. It doesn't matter though, we’re eager to take on any challenge.



We'll be posting pictures here as well as Instagram. We'll fill you in on our info and how to follow us in our next post.

Again, feel free to share recommendations and info! We’re excited to document this exciting time in our lives with photos and posts. We hope you join us as we travel across the United States of America!

Advertisement



5th September 2014

First stop!
So excited to see you Carrie and meet Cody! Cleveland is a great way to get underway for food and brews! Looking forward to a fun-filled 24 hours.

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb