A New Type of Religion


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 29th 2013
Published: October 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A religion we have not talked about in class is the Mormon religion. The religion Mormon was created and spread by people who believed in John Smith's Latter Day Saint movement. The Latter Day Saint movement is the collection of independent church groups that traces their origins to a Christian movement founded by John Smith. Mormons used the Book of Mormon to know more about the golden plates that John Smith used to write and were given by Moroni, an angel. The group started in 1820 in New York. For deities, Mormons were monotheistic and believed in one god. They believed in the bible and that God created the universe. For rituals, Mormons had a sacrament created by John Smith himself to meet together to have bread and wine in the remembrance of Lord Jesus. One of the codes that some Mormon would follow is the dietary code, also known as the Word of Wisdom. Mormons who follow this code do not eat/drink alcohol, tobacco, tea, coffee, illegal drugs, and other harmful substances. Today, there are still many Mormons; there are about 6.1 million believers. The United States have the highest population of Mormons than other countries and I believe Mormons can still grow with small rates because of the advertisements.







Sources: http://www.mormonthink.com/img/6-moroni_bedroom.jpg

https://byustudies.byu.edu/features/josephsmith/images%!C(MISSING)JosephSmith.jpg

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb