home is where the heart is ...


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States
August 7th 2006
Saved: May 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

... and i'd left it and my racksack in seattle with charles. so i made the 26 hour bus journey back up to seattle. i got there in time to ride the deadbaby downhill bicycle race. its a short, steep downhill race that ends in a massive party. there was plenty of kegs, tall bike jausting (which charles entered and and managed to knock out a spectator ... oops!), mini-bike derbys, bikergirl dance troops, clown bikes (bikes cut and welded so they're as hard as possible to ride eg. backwards steering etc) and some amazing pedal-powered showrides.

spent ages trying to organise a new passport, but eventually my old one was handed in in LA.

went to a rollergirl derby (tough, hot, rock'n roll girls roller-skating around a central point, elbowing, pushing and doing everything they can to knock eachother down). was a big match, rat city (seattle) v's rose city (portland), very cool!

charles took a week off work and we went to new york. stayed a few days house-sitting in brooklyn and then with a friend in queens. we caught the staton island ferry, got lost on the subway a few times, fell asleep in a park (much to the disgust of all the business people passing by - maybe the finanial district is not the place for), drunk a lot of coffee and ate pleanty of good greek food.

charles flew back home to seattle and i stayed a bit longer in manhattan with my friend michael. wandered around the east village and lower east side, hung out in central park and lazed about.




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

14th September 2006

PS - Yukon
Forgot to mention I am up in the yukon again. You'd love it here! If you come up, be sure to let me know. There is a great Tasmanian here who employs compatriots! Cheers P
20th September 2006

Awsome!
Makes me think about the quiet little bike shed at ceres. They made a double decker a few weeks back with one bike frame welded on top of the other, I think you need a step ladder to get on . xxx

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb