A6 RIHLA #1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 21st 2012
Published: September 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. The article "Why Do Women Still Earn Less Than Men?" by Laura Fitzpatrick relates to our learning in class because of the Neolithic Period. During the Neolithic, men had to work on the fields while woman stayed at home. During this time period, famring was important becuase it provided food for the population. Men usually farmed and women gave birth and did pottery or cook. This article relates to Neolithic because farming was the cause of inequlity and this article talks about inequality. Farming created the inequity of gender by giving men more to do then women, but as time has gone by woman has been doing the same amount of work, while recieving less amout of money.



2. One of the main themes that is talked about in this article is social structures. A reason is that it talks abouts how gender roles are unequal. This relates to social and economic class too because the article is saying that men is more dominate and gets more money than women. Another theme is political because it talks about how Obama passes laws and the Senate is deciding to change the inequality of men and women too.





3. I agree with the authors point. I believe that men still get more money than women today. Also, the author's evidence supports his point.

4. This article makes me wonder why is there still inequality of men and women when Obama, the president, passed down a law. I want to know if men and women get paid the same wages today since the article was 3 years ago.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb