Day 2 - Jackson, MS to Abilene, TX


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 29th 2012
Published: July 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

So we made another early start today and made our way towards Texas. We decided the best route to take was through the center of Texas. Believe it or not that was forcast to have the coolest weather. The weather in the mid-west was forecast to be well over 100; so we headed towards Texas where the highs were forecast to be 100 or just below. Of course as we left the state of Mississippi we crossed the mighty Mississippi River. Other than that a very uneventful and fairly quick (relatively speaking) trip to Abilene, TX. It was a good 9 hours or so but seemed to go by pretty quick. When we got to Abilene we checked into the hotel and cleaned ourselves up.

We then headed out to dinner, we were going for some good Texas BBQ at Sharon's BBQ in Abilene where we were meeting up with some friends. Dinner was fantastic and then we headed over to Cajun Cone for some dessert and some live music. Of course dessert was outside in the 100 degree heat, however, since there was very little humidity it wasn't so bad. After that we made a quick stop at Wal-Mart and then back to the hotel to turn in for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb