RIHLA #5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 10th 2011
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Steve Jobs was a very intellegent and well known man for his technology and influence on the world.

1. Steve Jobs embraced the ideas of Buddhism as he worked to develop Apple products by taking a spiritual retreat to India that helped him embrase Buddism. Jobs develped a close relationship with Japanese born Zen master, Kobun Chino Otowaga. Kobun focused on teaching the development of Zen meditation practice and influnced it to Jobs. Jobs believed in minimalist design and simplicty of use, which is Zen like. He made his apple product simple to use and a simple design that everybody would love.

2. From his list of lessons, the one I relate the most to is number 9. "We're here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?" I can relate the most to this because I have big goals for myself and I want to act on my desires, interests, passions, and curiosities with no one telling me I can't or that I'm not worth it.

3. After clicking on his pictures of his technology achievements, all of his technological advancements have affected our economy very significantly over time. The very first computer was was made out of wood(typewriter) that was probably very heavy and inconvienient. After the type writer, he then attached a screen to the rest of his advancements, each getting better each time. The very last picture is the Ipad that was a turning point for technology because it was no longer key boards, it was now touch screen. Ipads are very light, convienent, and simple.

4.These articles relate to what we are learning in class because Buddism is a big influence to Steve Jobs and his technology. He believed in simplicity, and what is more simple than a touch screen, light weight, simple designed piece that is easy for anybody to use?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb