A5 RIHLA #1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 9th 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. The author argues that the album sold so well during the week of 9/11 because the audiences of that album were teens who were careless about the terrible terrorist attack. Also, the teens, who highly anticipated the album, were not directly affected by the attack to care.

2. I agree somewhat to what the author says about young people and tragedies because some might be careless about their surroundings, but some might find music as a way to relieve stress from the situation of the society then.

3. Yes, I believe that it is important not only for young
people, but all Americans to reflect on the effects of
9/11. It is important to remember the horrible terrorist attack on America and to learn from our past. We need to honor the people who helped and to remember the people who passes away. We want the future generations to know the effects of such an attack, so this will not repeat in history.

4) Young people in Afghanistan were young when the attack happened and were not well educated about the incident. They only knew that a tower was attacked in the US.

5) Some believed that the Americans did good in Afghanistan because women were being protected and security increased. However, some believed that Americans did a lot of harm because they were against Muslims and were killing a lot of them.

6) Yes, I sometimes wonder what other countries perceived of the US. Yes, this makes me want to learn more about people/events in history, so we learn from our history and not repeat it. Also, we will be more aware of our surroundings and listen to others' opinions.

Reference:
1-3) http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/08/jayz.music.september.11/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
4-6) http://www.npr.org/2011/09/08/140259788/for-young-afghans-historys-lessons-lost


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb