Destination: Key West and Beyond


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 23rd 2011
Published: June 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Summertime,
And the livin’ is easy
Fish are jumpin’
And the cotton is high

Oh, your daddy’s rich
And your momma’s good lookin’
So, hush little baby
Don’t you cry"


George and Ira Gershwin

OK, so maybe “livin” isn’t so easy, I’m not a big fisherman, and my daddy certainly wasn’t rich. But, it is summertime and it’s time for vacation. Like last year, I’m inviting you to come along with Jill and me as we explore another part of this impressive country of ours.

We will be leaving Baltimore Monday morning June 27th and going to Cape May, NJ for a couple of nights then head south doing a Tour de Beach. We plan to visit most major beaches on the east coast and not stop until we get to Key West, FL. Actually, we don’t even plan on stopping there . . . we’ve planned a trip to the Dry Tortugas. We’ll leave the trusty Caravan on dry land for this trip since it is only accessible by plane or boat. Once that is accomplished we will turn around heading north through the Everglades and along the Gulf Coast of Florida finally saying goodbye to the water and setting aim on Atlanta and then the Smoky Mountains before hitting the beach at Rehoboth and finally home sweet home. We will be returning the 3rd week of July (the final leg of our trip, as of this writing, is unplanned).

Last year we had a lot of fun writing the blog and uploading the 375 pictures to share with you. We invite (and encourage) you to leave us notes and comments in the space provided.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb