Day Seven


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 22nd 2011
Published: June 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are still in Vancouver, B.C. and still loving it. Today we took a ferry ride across to North Vancouver and walked into Lynn Canyon. There's a nature walk with a beautiful waterfall, hanging moss, red cedar and douglas fir trees and great scenery. We walked across a suspension bridge at the front of the hike. I had anticipated it would be worse than it was. We're burning calories and enjoying ourselves getting sunshine and fresh air. It is so easy to get around in Vancouver by public transportation. We haven't been disappointed in anything.

Yesterday I forgot to mention our bus ride to Steveston even thought I posted a picture of it. Steveston is where the original salmon and herring processing and canning plants were at the beginning to middle of the twentieth century. We toured the remaining museum and were really impressed with what they have done with their displays. We ate fish and chips at the wharf, supposedly the best you can buy. They did not disappoint! I've never tasted salmon fish and chips so good!

Anyway, today has been mostly sunny and we got our hike in early. After the hike, we walked around the shopping area near the Ferry on North Vancouver. We had a snack while we were there and shopped around. Surprisingly we have purchased almost nothing in Vancouver. What could we possibly need? We caught the Ferry back afaer lunch.

This afternoon we have lounged by the pool, reading books and watching cruise ships come and go. Tonight we are meeting with a friend of Steve's from New Zealand and will have dinner with her. I'm sure we will have a lot to catch up on. I'll collapse into bed tonight after a good healthful day out and about.

Hope you are all well!
Sue and Steve


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb