San Diego to Fresno


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 21st 2011
Published: June 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Panini CafePanini CafePanini Cafe

Yummmmm! Salmon and brie panini!
It took us awhile this morning to "get out of Dodge" as they say... between finishing packing and loading the car, the garbage, greenery, and recycling pick-ups, a tree trimming crew next door, the phone, and all of the last minute details, we didn't leave until noon.

Our first stop was lunch in Westwood (near UCLA). We found this great place - the Panini Cafe just off Wilshire Blvd. What an amazing lunch! I had the salmon and brie panini, Debbie ate a Falafel wrap, and Mel had Buffalo mozarrela with sundried tomatoes on 9 grain bread with the best coucous he's ever tasted. Check out the picture of my sandwich. Even the service was first class (Miguel was our waiter). There once was a Panini Cafe in La Jolla, but it did not have enough business so they closed it - %^( There are a few of these restaurants around - go to mypaninicafe.com and savor the food!

Debbie has been complaining about our cold San Diego weather (70 degrees) - she says is the same temperature as her winter just South of Brisbane, Australia. Well we stopped in Bakersfield for gas and the temperature was 100. She has finally found warmth!

Tonight we've settled in at a hotel in Fresno. We're off in the morning for Yosemite!

More to come...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb