LOS ANGELES ATTRACTIONS!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
November 17th 2010
Published: November 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: LA Lakers 131 secs
2: Disneyland and California Adventure 489 secs
Welcome to the United States of America!! We arrived in Los Angeles on Sunday 14th November at about 9:30am. This left most of the day to pick-up our hire car for the next few days, drive down to Anaheim, check-in to our hotel (Anaheim Desert Palms), and then go make our way to California Adventure for a few hours. As it was a Sunday, it was busy, but not too bad. We managed to get on a few rides, see a few cartoon characters and then headed back to Disneyland to see the parade go round.
This then took us to about 3:30pm, and we were then heading back into downtown LA to watch the LA Lakers play the Pheonix Suns at the Staples Center!! It was such an awesome experience; amazing buildings, huge amount of people and a great game!! It was a bit interesting getting there though, as the GPS couldn't find the Staples Center, but as Mischa had already started driving, we were driving blind for the first 20mins until Jess finally worked it out!! Luckily, we pretty much knew we had to get onto the highway and made our way to that!! By the time we got back at night, the traffic was pretty bad leaving town, we crashed in bed!!
Monday we were heading to Universal Studios for the day. We got up with enough time to get our included breakfast (Jess enjoyed Fruit Loops, Mischa made himself some waffles!!), and then drove the 1hr drive up to Hollywood, Universal Studios. We spent most of the day there, doing everything we could, eating a fair bit of food and really having a great day!! We got back to the hotel buggered again, and crashed without even having any dinner!!
Today, wow, up-to-date!! We have spent most of the day at Disneyland today, with a bit of a mistake this morning!! Mischa read somewhere that Disneyland opened at 8am, and as we had a get-in-1hr-earlier pass, we got up really early, and without getting breakfast, headed there in the mist to arrive by 7am. We got there and realised that it didn't open until 10!! so had a mosy on through Downtown Disney (nothing was open) so headed back for breakfast at the hotel. By the time breakfast was finished, it was again time to head back to a huge line to get in, but still got in by 9:15am. It was freezing as the mist hadn't lifted, but by the time we finished the first 2 rides, it was becoming a great day!! We stayed in Disneyland doing all the rides we wanted to, including an extended stay on the Indiana Jones ride that malfunctioned, and we had to walk the rest of the ride!! Fun Times!! After Disneyland, we headed back across to California Adventure to finish all the rides, and then stayed on in a great spot to watch the "World of Colour" presentation on the water. We both agree, it's one of the best things we've ever seen!! AWESOME!!
Well, we are up-to-date, we drive down to San Diego tomorrow to go to Sea World and the Zoo, so look forward to that!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb