Orlando the last five days


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 16th 2010
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sorry forgot to re-cap that if you are coming to Orlando - the Harry Potter experience at Universal is the best scam ever. Since opening it has generated an additional $1million per day in sales. People line up for two hours to enter a shop that resembles a movie set and after waiting that long with your kids - there is no way you are not going to shell out for over-priced merchandise.

That said I had to try Butterbeer and take a lot of photos.

Seaworld was disappointing in that they have changed the show for the Killer Whales so that there is no human contact - I gues it is a result of the accident at the start of the year. However, Blue Horizons and Manta are worth the price of admission.

Anyway back to the trip on the 17th dropped Davo off at the airport and did some quiet shopping (we bought a lot of cold weather gear - really cheap which always causes glances in Orlando)

We tried being the nice Aunty and Uncle to the nephews and took them to the Disney Halloween event - the boys thought they had died and gone to heaven as there was trick or treating - the boys in four hours would have collected 3 -4 kilos of lollies and managed to eat half as they were going.

That being said sending Dionne and the boys off at the airport made for a quiet change of pace - the last two days were quiet and our luck changed:

We got parking near the front of the park
We were the "first family" at the American experience - despite being Australian. This sparked some interest from the crowd when we were introduced and afterwards we were asked if we part of the Australian Royal family (Americans can be stupid as I was wearing a singlet, shorts and thongs - I did explain that this was our national costume)
We had the waitress we had from two years ago at our favourite restaurant - and got lots of extra benefits (i.e. better food and service for those that have a gutter mind)

Leaving the warmer climes for Pittsburgh - speak to you soon


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb