singing soprano in the rain/sleet


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 28th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

i decided to cross the mountains on my motorcycle. i should have paid more attention to the weather but then where would the fun lie. as i started my sojourn, it started to rain and i briefly considered turning left instead of right and going the shorter and more importantly paved route to my destination. but nah let's go for it seemed like such a good idea.

that is until it actually started to sleet on my helmet-less head. at which point, i put on a skullcap and all seemed well. that is, until my glasses were wetted over and i didn't see the upcoming depression in the path (it wasn't really a road). i hit it and slid straight forward into the gas tank and thus the soprano in the title. truth be told this rutted, washboard trip had me singing pretty much the entire length. again, mostly sopranically, but loudly and happily is the way i choose to remember it.

i came to another turning point and this time actually took it. but don't be fooled, i didn't take the easy route. i missed a poorly, unsigned really, turn. realizing this after i was but a couple
222

ominous clouds
short miles from yet another paved road, i did the only logical thing. i turned around, so that i might continue on my pave-less journey. what's a few more miles when gas prices have just barely reached the $2.50 mark. now had they been $4.50, i might have acted differently.

anyway, the beauty and tranquility had me wanting to purchase that 40 acre ranch land i went to for the 2nd time at the beginning of this trip. which by the way, was the justification for my off-road voyage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

33
3

a spot of sun shines through!


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb