Travel to Rome


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 1st 2008
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the PlaneOn the PlaneOn the Plane

This was on our way to Newark.
Sunday, June 1- Travel to Rome-

This is our first time ever flying with each other! We left Knoxville a little late which made our 37 minute layover a little more exciting than it was already going to be in Cleveland. After all but sprinting to our gate, we arrived with 7 minutes to spare to find out that our flight to Newark was delayed due to high winds in Newark. We asked where we should grab something to eat and the very friendly gate agent sent us to Banjoes Café. The café was a small family owned and ran business that served things to go and also had hot sandwiches. I had the best grilled cheese in my life and Ryan had an Italian sandwich which he also thought was amazing.

On our way into Newark, Ryan got to see the New York City skyline for the first time from a plane and it’s one of those things that can never get old to me. After waiting a short while in Newark, we were off to Italy!

We watched Fool’s Gold and then tried to sleep. They did serve us dinner which was some sort of “chicken
Waiting to head on out to Rome!Waiting to head on out to Rome!Waiting to head on out to Rome!

You can even see our plane in the background...
and rice” so I stole Ryan’s lasagna- which was MUCH better! With little sleep and tired bodies we finally made it to Rome!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb