New York and Out


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 9th 2005
Published: October 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

OK, we went out to New York a few days ago on Thursday the 6th of October. When we reached the city we had absolutely no idea where our hostel was and found ourselves searching Manhatten for it. WE stood in a taxi rank for ages trying to get a taxi, but as the queue got shorter the taxis started to not come. Eventuually a man on a push bike rode past (one of those bikes with a people carrier on the back (like a THai tuk-tuk i think) and he took us to the hostel.

The hostel was absolutely diabolical, we were in a small room with 8 other guests, it was really bad. I was distraught as soon as i saw it. My (female) travelling companion seemed ok with it then, but for her this must have been a lot worse, because she was the only woman in a dorm with 9 guys. The whole experience was gross.

WE saw some of the sights of NEW York over the next couple of days but the hostel just got to us. It was unclean, there was a loud nightclub next door and the staff were horrible. We did meet some nice other residents which was cool, including people from Australia, Argentina and Israel. But the whole place just ground us down. My travelling companion got especially upset and i suggested that we just get the hell out of the city, which after three days we did.

We didn't see a lot of the sights of New York, but it didn't seem to matter, as soon as we were sat on the train bound for Niagara Falls we felt better straight away.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020kb