In Flight


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 26th 2007
Published: April 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Flight Path

Flight from Salt Lake to Glasgow, with layovers in Chicago and London.


Flight Path
Liz Muir
So, I flew out on April 26th at 10:40 am. George, my mom, and Michael came to see me off at the airport. At first, things didn’t start out so well—we didn’t have my booking code, so we had to call the people at United to pick up my tickets, and the code they gave us didn’t work either. Once we got that sorted out and got my tickets, the handle on my checked luggage broke, so we had to sort of make up a way to pull it along and hope that I could get a cart when I got to Scotland. I said goodbye to everyone and headed through security, where my arm brace set off the alarm and I had to get patted down by security. Luckily though, she was nice enough to help me put my shoes back on, since I haven’t yet figured out how to tie shoes one-handed.

Things got better from there. I found out that flying with a gimp arm gets you seat upgrades. I asked for some accommodation at the flight desk and got bumped up to Economy Plus (which means you get more leg room) on my first flight, and didn’t have to sit next to anyone on my flights. When we landed in Chicago, it was really cloudy and eventually started pouring rain. I walked through this really cool walkway to get to my flight to London, on which I had the whole row to myself. They were playing lots of really good movies—although I was mad that the Stranger than Fiction channel had terrible reception. Anyway, I got some good sleep on that flight, in spite of the huge amount of turbulence.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb