Day 15!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 15th 2007
Published: February 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Avacado shrimp appetizerAvacado shrimp appetizerAvacado shrimp appetizer

This whole trip we haven't taken any food pictures. The last cruise, we took lots! This one picture will have to do for this one...
Last day at sea! If you read yesterday's entry, you'll understand why we slept until about 11:00 this morning. We did manage to make it to another photo lecture, though. This time the speaker told stories about his various more interesting assignments over the years. There were some great ones. Some of the good ones involved the airplane pilot he typically used for aerial shots getting FAA citations for getting dangerously close to subjects or diving into restricted airspace to get good shots of the president. There seemed to be quite a few of those! After this we joined a trivia group in one of the lounges for a quick game. Our team came in second with some really tough questions! In 2002, which state put an atomic mushroom cloud on their license plate? Believe it or not, we got this one right but on a complete guess. It's Nevada. In 2000, whose face was on the most popular political halloween mask? Richard Nixon! We definitely got that one wrong. After this, Acacia packed up her things while I took a nap. Today was my turn to be tired. I was exhausted all day. We attended afternoon tea again to take in a few last hot fresh scones. The couple we sat with was quite friendly although extremely quiet. We had a nice chat after which we eventually made our way to dinner for our last big fancy meal. The featured entree was prime rib which was excellent. The dessert of note for the evening was Baked Alaska. The cruise lines seem to make a huge deal out of serving this one, the chefs all bringing it out in parade. For those who have never seen it, it's a triple layered ice cream cake covered in icing to look like a small mountain. The top of the mountain contains a small fuel cylinder which is burning. When the chefs bring them out, there's a few inch tall flame burning from the top of every plate. It's quite impressive. While the presentation is over the top, Acacia and I actually think the taste is just average as far as a lot of desserts are concerned. Luckily, there was also an apple turnover which was quite tasty! After dinner, we caught the last hour or so of The Da Vinci Code in the show theater before bed time. The seas were rough again today and while I didn't feel sick at all, packing wasn't the easiest thing in the world. Sadly, it's our last night on the boat...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb