The Best Luxury Yacht Charter Destinations in the US


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 23rd 2020
Published: October 23rd 2020
Edit Blog Post

Looking for a change of pace after quarantining for months on end? Luckily, there are a ton of spots in the United States specializing in yacht charters and creating an experience worth your while. The coronavirus is not going to rain on this parade because the activity is legal in all 50 states. It's easy to get a small group of friends you know is safe and enjoy a day out on the water, away from strangers or those you don't know who aren't wearing masks.

The United States is home to many summer cruising destinations for locals and tourists alike. From the beaches of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard to the tropical paradise of Miami, there is a beautiful luxury destination waiting to entertain you. Each location is going to provide a different experience than the next. Getting on an extravagant rental is very doable with this tourist activity being more popular than ever here.

Below we detail some of our favorite yacht charter destinations in the country and what makes them so unique.

The Great Lakes Yacht Charter




The Great Lakes is appealing to everyone because there's so much to do and see. Whether you want to explore Chicago's waterfront or make your way into the secluded beaches and forests, the activities are endless in the region of the Great Lakes. Each lake offers its own specialty- Lake Superior has beautiful islands. The Apostles are an archipelago of uninhabited islands that offer lighthouses, fishing, soft sand beaches, kayaking, and paddle boarding. Lake Huron is known for its coastal forests, offering days' worth of exploring and enjoying nature. Some more must-sees are Presque Isle State Park, Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, and Endymion Island.

Alaskan Yacht Charter




You'll rarely have a similar experience to that of a rental in Alaska- this is for the wild ones. Running from Ketchikan to Glacier Bay is Alaska's Inside Passage. If you're looking for views- this is the place you need to be. Along with the beauty of the Passage comes whale watching. Humpback whales, killer whales, and blue whales alike are all commoners in these waters.

Few sailing destinations in the world are as rugged and wild as Alaska’s Inside Passage. The protected passage – which runs from Ketchikan in the south to Glacier Bay – puts on a display of breathtaking scenery and wildlife.

Many yacht charter guests choose Alaska for summer whale watching. Humpbacks, killer whales, and even blue whales flock to the chilly waters of Glacier Bay in the summer months. Guests love to see the beauty of these majestic creatures- it's a once in a lifetime experience. One more must-stop is Tongass National Forest, a temperature rain forest, spreading 16 million acres. Tongass is great for people who love to hike! Some more findings you'll come across on a charter in Alaska are fjords, glaciers, and icebergs crashing into the ocean.

Miami Yacht Charters




Miami is one of the most famous cities in the nation for partying, popping bottles, and extravagant spending on both purchases, experiences, cars, and yachts. Most people come here hoping to impress their friends with how rich they look, going the extra mile to rent both an exotic car and a yacht. However, renting a yacht in Miami is more fun than you might imagine. There's a ton of different sandbars to anchor onto, where you can get out, use some floaties, have a drink, and enjoy the weather and your company. Aside from relaxing on sandbars, you can also see the views of Miami's skyline, dock up to a restaurant where you can get out and eat/drink, and also explore the area with jet skies! We recommend renting a yacht in the winter months, as Miami is scorching hot any other time of the year.

Summary



All in all, the United States is packed with unique yachting destinations that just need a spotlight of attention for those looking to find them. Although we only listed a few above, do more research to find out if there's an area near you offering a good time. If you plan to visit a specific state, check if they have yachting! All it takes is a few minutes of research, and you're off to a great experience on the water.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb