Why Should You Check Car History Report Before Buying A Used Car?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 9th 2020
Published: October 9th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Not everyone has enough money to purchase a new car, so purchasing a used car is overwhelming. Searching for a used vehicle can turn out to be a lot of fun. However, other than your budget and personal preferences, many things should be considered before you buy a used car.




After having a look at some of the cars in the market that seem perfect to the eye, you may think that you have found your dream car, but if you’re not careful, you might end up being a victim of a scam. This is why a car check should be performed.




How do you explain a “Car Check”?

If it was to be explained simply, a car check is examining a car’s background history. This is performed to uncover any sort of information not provided by the car’s seller. A car check is also known by various other names such as reg check, HPI check, DVLA check, and MOT car check.




Why is it necessary to get a Car Check?

A car check is considered to be an important factor before buying a used car. Car checks provide the buyer with the necessary information and help him negotiate the price of the car if any defects are found in the history report of the car. A car history report will assist the buyer in making the right purchase decision as he will know all of the necessary details regarding the past of the car.




What kind of information does a car history report have?

In order to know the complete detail regarding a car’s history, you should know the car’s vehicle identification number. This history report will provide you with information regarding the car’s ownership, mileage, title status, accident history, maintenance records, and some other valuable bits of information. Now let’s have a look at the significance of this information.




Accident History:

Generally, the cars that have either major or minor accident history are said to have unexpected or hidden issues. On the flip side, cars without any accident history show minimal or no signs of such issues. Additionally, cars that were rebuilt may also compromise on security. That’s why we recommend every used buyer to get a free car history check before finalizing the deal.




Mileage:

Even though modern cars are not much affected by mileage count, it is always recommended to know the true mileage before purchasing a used car. Not only does it give you a general idea about the wear and tear of certain parts of the car, but it also gives you a rough estimate of the types of services that your car should go through.




Title Checks:

This is perhaps one of the most important factors before purchasing a used car. While most cars have clean titles, some are sold with salvage or rebuilt titles. Rebuilt cars have a major accident history and have been through major body repairs or replaced parts, while salvage cars are said to be written as a total loss. Hence, to avoid getting into a scam, it is very important to confirm the status of the title on the car.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb