Why is it necessary to get an international driver’s permit?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
August 15th 2020
Published: August 15th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Travelling is easy and fun in your hometown. You go to places you like without even being asked questions. Only a license is what you need when you are driving. Without it, you will be questioned and fined. The rules and regulations are so fair and essential to follow in any country. And being a citizen, you abide by the authorities.

If you're thinking about travelling abroad and don't know the rules and regulations to drive there, then an IDP is the primary term you must know. The driving license you use in your hometown is not going to work in other countries. An international driving permit is what you must have for secure and legal travelling. Don’t need to worry about getting an IDP. You can get your IDP in just days from the international driver’s association.

Difference between IDL and IDP:

The terms international driver’s license (IDL) and an international driver's permit (IDP) are often mixed and considered the same. Both terms are different. IDL is a scam and is not a real document. Many of the agencies sell it via email or other platforms. It does not benefit you.

International driver’s permit (IDP) is what you need to travel abroad. It is an official booklet that lets you travel in 150 countries. The pages or your information is in ten languages in an IDP. It helps to avoid the language barriers if you are travelling in a country where English is not a native language.

So, beware of such scams and get your original IDP. Now, the question that arises is: how to get an international driver’s permit? The answer is simple and is given below:

Procedure to get an IDP:

You can apply online to get an IDP. They contact you via email and ask you to fill up the information. It is not rocket science to get an IDP. It is a straightforward procedure which is given below:

● Please give them your original photograph of passport size. Make sure it is not scanned.

● Your national license is required. Without it, you are not eligible to apply for an IDP.

● Please give them your destination country's name.

● Check all the information and stamps carefully.

● Your IDP will be on its way!

See! It’s not that difficult to get it. The international driver’s license expires after three years. The age limit to get it is 18 plus years old. You can get your IDP in just $49 in about 6 hours!

What you need to know about using IDP:

Following are some minor things you need to know:

● Only car renting agencies and cops demand an international license. No other authority needs it.

● If any agency or person claims to give you an international driver's license which can benefit you more than an IDP, then it is a scam and don't accept it. Even IDP does not help you more than driving legally. That's all.

● Follow the traffic policies of other countries and always keep your local driving license with you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb