Three Multipurpose Items Ideal for Lightening Your Travel Bag Load


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 6th 2020
Published: July 6th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Whether you are preparing for a flight or simply heading on a short weekend break, you need to have your essentials at hand in a travel bag so you are prepared for anything.

Of course, making a decision as to what really is essential is not always straightforward – and that means there is always the risk of a bag growing either too large or too heavy.

Simple steps



Fortunately, there are some simple steps you can take to keep what you carry to a minimum. For instance, if you want toiletries at hand, you could opt for miniatures and they may prove particularly useful if you need to meet regulationsrelated to liquids in hand luggage.

In addition, another useful approach may be to place an emphasis on items which have more than just a single use. A little multipurpose magic will not only mean you get the most out of what you take, but it may also ensure your travel bag is not over-stuffed.

With that in mind, here are three items that could come in handy as you look to lighten your load.

1. Smartphone



It is an obvious place to start, but no list of multipurpose tools ideal for a travel bag would be complete without a mention of smartphones. The devices do so much these days and the chances are you will turn to yours to listen to music, watch films or read books.

Mobiles are very handy for travel too, as you can store vital information and tickets on them rather than carrying around individual documents. For example, the British Airways app gives you details on flights, while it can also store up to eight individual mobile boarding passes.

2. Progressive glasses



If you wear glasses, figuring out which pairs to keep close at hand can be hard – and the pressure undoubtedly builds when you’re trying to keep a travel bag as light as possible.

However, one route around that conundrum could be to purchase some progressive or multifocal glasses, which are designed to offer support across all fields of vision. As GlassesUSA.com highlights here, the lenses can be added to a range of different frames, so there is no need to compromise on style when taking the step.

3. 2-in-1 toiletries



We have already touched upon how going miniature is a good idea with toiletries, but you could also opt for products which have multiple benefits.

For instance, a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner might be useful, while you can purchase moisturisers with SPF support as well. Elle recently compiled a list of face moisturizers with SPF to look out for, including Multi Skin Protector SPF50 from Suqqu and Bobbi Brown’s Primer Plus Protection SPF50.

A multipurpose masterstroke



There is no denying it, your trusty travel bag is a vital companion when you are on the move. However, packing the right items can be tough.

Hopefully, the ideas above have given you some inspiration on how you can make the process a little easier and pull off a multipurpose masterstroke.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.511s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb