Everything You Need to Know About Nightlife in Costa Rica


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 24th 2020
Published: June 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Costa Rica’s nightlife needs no introduction. In fact, this country is as vibrant during the day as it is at night.

There are tons of day sightseeing options including national parks, beaches, and adrenaline pumping activities. Once you have explored all these offerings, it is time to reenergize yourself by checking out the country’s thriving night scene. You will love the way how streets light up and how everyone is ready to take the fun long into the hours of dawn!

If you are someone who wants to Visit For Best Nightlife In Costa Rica, then this article will point you in the right direction!

The nightlife in Costa Rica – what, where, and when
Costa Rica is a hub of discos. However, it is nightlife is not just limited to drinking and dancing. You can also do unique things such as go for a night time wildlife safari and number of other such things you can do after sunset.

After you are done with some thrill-seeking after dark fun, you can stop by to attend the dance parties, sing-along at the live music joints, or enjoy the chilled out cigar rooms for the fine quality Costa Rican cigars. You will find plenty of cafes, bars, and nightclubs dotted around the country that help you unwind and relax. However, San Jose is the best option if you want to drench yourself in the country’s pulsating energy.

No mention of nightlife in Costa Rica is complete without the mention of Jaco Beach. This is where all the wild beach parties happen. However, Jaco also hosts some of the best jazz clubs to give you a fine balance of wild and aesthetic night scenes.

San Jose also boasts some of the best night-time hubs that are frequented by students, backpackers, and locals alike. You can also see some traditional restaurants turn into dancing bars at night which are more suited to the older crowd. So you see, there is something for everyone in Costa Rica.

Socializing with locals
Apart from chilling at the tourist hotspots, you can also socialize with the locals by listening to their local music, dancing the night away, or have good time with some friends you may have made on your travels. They are friendly and extroverted, which means that they are very easy to hang out with. Besides, they can take you to some hidden spots that only locals know about. If you are someone looking to absorb Costa Rican culture, then you must find a local who can show you around you and take you to some fun nightclubs!

Groove to some Salsa
You will even if you don't know how to salsa! If you truly want to have an unforgettable vacation, then you must learn a few dance steps from the locals who will teach you how to groove like them. People in the Caribbean love to dance and they especially enjoy making people dance! So, don't be surprised if you are asked by many locals to dance with them. This is one of their most endearing qualities and also the reason why the night life in Costa Rica never fails to amaze tourists.

You can also take some dance lessons offered by most resorts in the city. Many restaurants and clubs too offer free classes before the party reaches critical mass! This is a great time to learn some Salsa and be as Romans when in Rome!

Know the difference
Spare yourself the embarrassment and know the difference between a club and a nightclub. According to the local parlance, a nightclub is referred to a strip club, whereas a club is a dancing club. So it really helps to know what is what when you are asking the locals about their recommendations. Strip clubs are usually frequented by single males or couples and are not a desirable place to venture alone.

It is also important to know that public drinking in Costa Rica is illegal. Therefore, you can enjoy beer or cocktails at a licensed premises only. Moreover, just because you see a local indulging in some alcohol at the park bench without being fined doesn’t mean you should do the same! It is possible that the authorities may not extend the same lax attitude towards foreigners.

Costa Rica is a culturally rich country with all the essential elements that makes a vacation memorable. From exploring its wide swathes of forests to hiking near a volcano and dancing away the night at one of its many clubs, it is the sheer variety of the experience that makes the country such a sought after travel destination.

So, if you are planning a trip soon, make sure to read this article to know how to fully enjoy its night life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.381s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb