Oh my, bear first thing in the morning!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
June 25th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.9766, -110.702

Got up as early as we could and headed out from Fox Campground. It was not as far from the entrance to the park as it felt when we drove there the evening before. Both Cooke City and Silver Gate are such interesting frontier looking towns to drive through. Don't think it would be much fun to live in one of them full-time though!

We were almost to Pebble Creek when Robert puts on the brakes! A bear very close by on the side of the road having a wonderful time eating flowers and did not seem to have a care in the world, least of which was us watching him.. Kept moving from one group of flowers to another and tasting as he went.

Drove on and got to Hitching Post and had just missed seeing what was left of the Lamar Canyon pack before they disappeared from view. Decided we would go see if there was a site available at Slough Creek before continuing on with our day.

Got there, sign still says "full" but we drove on in to see if we could see anyone packing up. Drove up into the river site area and a girl told Robert they were leaving and we could have their space. What luck. Signed up and we were off to see what our next adventure would be!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



29th July 2013

perfect Yellowstone photo
29th July 2013

Thanks, Gaylee! Hugs, R and L

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb