Kayaking From Colter


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
June 12th 2015
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.6558, -110.717

Robert decided he really wanted to go paddling because that was one of the reasons we had come to the Greater Yellowstone area. He was able to paddle by himself while I sat in the front and gave him directions! Ha!

We were still inflating the kayak when we got to see another fox heading out into the woods! We had started early enough there were not many other people out except for a group heading out to Elk Island. Visited with them and then off we went.

There was plenty of water in the lake and we did not have to get out and portage to get over to the other part of the lake. Had some nice pelicans flying about in Swan Lake when we got out to have a short break before heading back. Nice time. Funny haha, as we were getting ourselves loaded, we had the truck parked down on the ramp and a lady came over to our vehicle to let us know there was a nice picnic area elsewhere. Guess she thought we were picniking. Told her we had just loaded our boat. Evidently her husband is not as good a backer as some we saw! That morning as we were unloading, the kids heading out to Elk Island were unloading, a very large boat backed down the ramp between our two vehicles. Now that was excellent backing!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb