Wyoming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
June 11th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Needless to say, after the lack of sleep from last night, we slept as long as we could today. We were able to get a late check out at 1:30pm and after complaining about the dirty room, they knocked $10 off our room rate, wow…doesn’t quite make it better.

We drove around a little while, checking out some historical spots and even saw a site where a bank once stood that was robbed by Butch Cassidy…we were kind of surprised that the marker stood next to a very modern looking Wells Fargo, we figured they were just pointing out the spot!

Anyways, we had lunch at Butch Cassidy’s restaurant still in Montplier, Idaho. Pretty good food, only one waitress and lots of people, so not quite the best service.

Then we got on the road. The 89 just cuts the corner of Idaho, so we were into Wyoming in no time. We had to make a U-turn to get the Idaho sign, since it was in the middle of the night when we came in! We have to say, Idaho is beautiful…very green!! But, driving through Wyoming, is unreal…almost like driving through a movie. The hills, the rivers,
Very old house in Montplier, IdahoVery old house in Montplier, IdahoVery old house in Montplier, Idaho

We thought this was kinda cool, kinda creepy
just breathtaking! Much of the drive followed along the Snake River, were we saw lots of rafters and kayakers.

We passed through many small towns, like Smoot, population 100. Neither of us could picture living in places like these, but they were really cool to see!

We made a stop at 4:45 pm for a bathroom break in Hoback Junction, Wyoming, seriously, Hoback Junction, we didn’t make it up.

We checked into the Cowboy Village in Jackson Hole. We had our own little cabin, too cute and not very expensive either, they also don’t charge extra for the dogs. They even have signs posted in the cabins that they are a dog friendly resort, and have Mutt Mitts for doodie duty placed around the property, pretty cool!

We wandered around the downtown area for a while, and did a little shopping. One great store, Shirt Off My Back had lots of sweatshirts, T-shirt, etc. They had a clearance section at the back of the store, Beth scored with a pair of pants for $2.88!! Then, she played let’s make a deal with the guy and got this nice black sweatshirt for only $3, originally marked $39.95!!
Beware of Bears, Montplier, IdahoBeware of Bears, Montplier, IdahoBeware of Bears, Montplier, Idaho

The one in the background is a bench, they were all like this through the downtown area.
We had dinner at Burke’s Chop House, very yummy, most expensive meal of the trip, though. We were both still pretty tired and turned in kind of early.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Cowboy Village, Jackson HoleCowboy Village, Jackson Hole
Cowboy Village, Jackson Hole

As close to camping as we have come. They even had kitchenettes!!


12th June 2006

Awesome country
This is spectacular! I was born in Laramie, Wyo. I think it's been 40 yrs. since I've seen any of this countryside. Thanks for the reminder of how beautiful it is! You guys have fun!
12th June 2006

I'm so jealous
Glad to hear from you guys. I was wondering how the trip was going. I SO WANT TO DO A ROAD TRIP!!!. I miss em. Both Wyoming and Montana are so pretty. Kinda makes you want to move there until you think, hey not many malls around. Looks like the car is a little "cramped". Great pics...keep em coming. I'll live my vacation thru you 2. Be safe, have fun and hope to see you BOTH soon.
13th June 2006

Hey Cowgirls!
How cool is the Cowboy Village Cabin?! Cute place, did ya meet any cowboys?
13th June 2006

Wow! Looks like you girls are having a great time. Can't wait to hear about your next adventure!
13th June 2006

Good Show
We're really enjoying your diary and photos of the trip. What a neat thing to do for your friends.
13th June 2006

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!! Wow it looks like such an incredible trip! Glad you're having a great time...will you be driving all the way to Florida at any point during this adventure? J/K...miss you! :)
13th June 2006

WAY TO GO, GIRLS!
I'm LOVING this travel blog thing of yours! The trip, the dogs, the blogs - all VERY cool, and fun for all of us! Keep 'em coming!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb