July 19th- day 8


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We just cant seem to get up and get going early! It got pretty cold last night and we hoped it would cut down on the mosquitoes, but no such luck.

We headed north and east today to see the waterfalls in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone which were pretty cool.

As we got back to the main road we had to stop as a Buffalo was walking down the middle of the road. There was this little kid who was looking at the river not realizing this buffalo was walking toward her about 30 feet away. Then she finally saw him. You should have seen her jump and run away! Ha ha. The buffalo didn’t care and kept plodding along in between the cars at the intersection.

We also stopped at the mud volcano which was very stinky!

We had a picnic “lunch” about 2pm and spent the remainder of the afternoon stopping at a couple of swimming holes along the river on the way back to camp.

This was our last night in Yellowstone so it was kind of a fend for yourself dinner and then packing up as much as we could in between swatting mosquitoes.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



21st July 2009

Thanks for Sharing
Thanks for sharing your adventure and those lovely pictures. This type of adventure is something your family will remember and cherish together. Thanks again, Karren

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb