Yellowstone


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I'm on the road now heading north in Montana up toward Glacier National Park. Kristen and I spent the last two days in Yellowstone and even camped out by Lake Yellowstone, so I didn't have Internet access. When we find a motel tonight I will try and update the pictures, but they are packed in the back of the car right now. I also have heard from some of you that the videos are not accessible. I tried to log in as a subscriber and could not get to the videos and extra pictures either. I will post the videos on my school page. Go to www.yorkschools.org/~elawson and click on Where in the USA? on the left side bar to see the web streaming videos of our national park videos. Each one is about 2:00 minutes long.

Yellowstone is amazing! It's just a huge park with lots of crazy geological features throughout the major land area. I can't imagine what early explorers must have thought when they happened upon this land. With the geysers, fumaroles (air vents from the Earth), and bubbling water paint pots they must have thought they were in hell. The only thing is it was very beautiful once you get over the rotten egg smell of all the sulphur escaping the earth.

The major highlights were Old Faithful, the Grand Canyon of Niagara, Mammoth Hot Springs, and the Artist's Point of Upper and Lower Falls. All of which will appear in the video. We did see a coyote, many osprey hawks, and tons of bison that walk right up to the car and cross the roads throughout the park. Last night we saw a female elk crossing a sand bar, but couldn't quite get the picture and this morning a bull moose elk was laying in the tall grasses with just the huge antlers showing. It certainly was a fun trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Enjoying a tasty Moose Drool Beer!Enjoying a tasty Moose Drool Beer!
Enjoying a tasty Moose Drool Beer!

Don't worry Kristen is bringing back at least one variety pack for you all to try.


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb