Day 4 and 5


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wyoming is such a beautiful state! We entered into Yellowstone National Park from the east entrance on Monday morning and climbed up the mountain to our next destination of Bay Bridge campground right on Yellowstone Lake. The views were awesome. You start to get numb to the fact that snow capped mountains are always in view. It took most of the day to get to our site, so we did some hiking and saw deer and other wildlife. The night was capped off with “can you guess this tune” by beating a cadence on the picnic table with drumsticks while Patty and Jeff had some “Hey Mombo” sultry red wine with our steaks on the fire to cap off the night.
Tuesday we woke up and took a step into the woods and came upon a beautiful elk (I think it was an elk?) that must have slept 50 yards from the RV. The day was jam packed with getting as much of Yellowstone in that we could. We looped around and saw “Old Faithful” and the other geysers at the upper geyser basin. It was very impressive. We then headed up the west side of Yellowstone and saw many bison (I learned they were “bison” and not “buffalo” - I will use that knowledge and sound impressive at our next cocktail party).
We then headed towards our next campsite in Yellowstone at Tower Falls. These were the roads less traveled and much higher in elevation. This was where the bears were! We saw both a grizzly and black bear from the RV during the trip. We checked into our campsite (got the last spot) and went down to Roosevelt Lodge where we signed up to take a 30 minute covered wagon ride out into a beautiful valley surrounded by wildlife and at the end of the ride was an awesome cowboy “chuck wagon dinner”. Words or pictures can’t describe the view or the food. The kids were so entertained, especially Caroline with all of the horses. After the ride, we went back to our campsite where we all passed out in “the rolling turd”.

It’s Wednesday morning and I’m currently blogging from the I-90 somewhere in nowhere Montana. The countryside continues to be impressive. We are on our way to Steve and Stephanie Heflin’s house (Patty’s cousin) where we will also meet up with Bird and Bob for the big family reunion later this week. Everyone is have a great time and we are creating great memories!





Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



9th July 2008

Great pics
I love all the pictures you are adding. They make me want to take a trip in about 5 years w/my kids. Thanks for sharing your memories with everyone.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb