Day 8 - Now, That's Impressive


Advertisement

Sorry for the missed post, but we stayed at Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone last night and had no cell phone, no Internet, no connectivity of any kind. Totally unplugged. Really missed being able to post at night, too! The drive from Cody to Yellowstone National Park was filled with twists and turns through valleys and gorges lined with enormous mountains of varying composition, from roc... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




28th July 2013

The Wildness of Life
Wow, that sounds like a wild adventure of deers and dropoffs for you all. And how scary to think you were right on top of a volcano. That's why they sell those pocket seismographs in the gift shop. Sean should pick one up next time. The best part is when Billy spots the family of deer out for their hike. That's where this travel blog thing becomes so interesting, as I then went to Mrs. Jane Doe's travel blog and read about her comments meeting you guys. She said what a nice family you all were, but that Todd looks like he's put on a few pounds from all that Kansas City Royals ballpark food. Keep on hiking and hitting those keys to let us stay on the journey with you. Thanks.
28th July 2013

Height-phobia!
To sit here and imagine you all peering over a canyon edge, regardless of the spectacular view, sends shivers to my spine and goose bumps to my heart! Please, Obama, raise my taxes and build a fence! To think that Todd's "lack of fear" genes, which have haunted my life, should be so shared by a family, is unthinkable! Oh, Billy, thanks for finding those deer! You're talking MY language! Please, all of you, be careful! Falling hurts! Your descriptions are fantastic, Marcia, and the "wonder of our world" shines through! However, I like the "grizzly smiles and antlers" best! Keep trekking! Love, love!
29th July 2013

Happy Trails!
I am having so much fun reading your daily blog! Thanks for taking me along!! Your family picture in front of Artist Point is the best!! Stay safe!

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb