Doing the Art Fair Thang


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson Hole
August 15th 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Jackson Hole, Wyoming with nary a problem. Our first stop was in Kansas where we spent the night in the Walmart parking lot. They encourage such practice. Sleeping with the devil you know. How ironic. Next we stopped half way through the state and saw our friends Michael, Gloria and Zac Baurmeister who were headed back to St. Louis from the Boulder art fair. It was good to see them and play gadget tag while we pinpointed our rendezvous. A "gadget" is Michael's name for an iPhone. And what a gadget it is. Ours has proven to be very helpful in terms of finding Walmart parking lots to knowing the weather to getting all sorts of communication.
Next we headed for Pocatello, Idaho and Melisse's brother John. As always, he greeted us with open arms and put on a feast, inviting other good friends to join. What a great welcome to the road.Next, on to Jackson and the art fair.
Melisse and I set up her booth and began a weekend long fair. It seems the recession is strong out here as well. Cheney, Halliburton and company are no shows with that conspicuous consumption cash all the artists are counting on. That at least was how day 1 went. Today is day 2. Melisse just left to set up the booth. Brother John and I are going for a hike up in the Tetons before we join Melisse this afternoon. My guess is she'll sell better without my mug scaring off potential customers. Hopefully we'll make some gas money.

Advertisement



18th August 2009

Come to the Ann Arbor Art Fairs
Hey Melisse, If you are still doing this next summer you should come to the Ann Arbor Art Fair. You can stay with us. It would be great fun. Charles
24th August 2009

organizations
Wow, Apple, Halliburton and Walmart. My three least favorite companies.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb