Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

6/28 Departed Ashley National Forest, UT and headed to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. Arrived Yellowstone late in day and disappointed with our $64 per night campground. No campground reservations are taken for sites inside the park so we reserved just outside the park. On 6/29 hiked along the Snake River and later drove to see Lewis & Keppler Falls and Old Faithful. According to Nancy's pedometer we hiked over 10 miles.

6/30 Visted Jackson, WY with a route closer to the Grand Tetons and saw a bull moose. Did a little shopping in Jackson and had a burger, quesadilla's with a beer for lunch. Also had a beer at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar where all the barstools were saddles. Beautiful square in Jackson with live music.

7/1 We drove into Yellowston on our way to Canyon Village we passed through Hayden Valley which is popular for wildlife. On way up we saw many buffalo, elk, hiked Mud Volcano, the Fishing Bridge (trout and osprey), Upper and Lower Falls in the Yellowstone Grand Canyon. On our return to the campsite saw a Bald Eagle and a mother grizzley with two cubs.

7/2 We departed our campsite and drove all the way through the park to Mammoth Hot Springs, Tower- Roosevelt and missed our road all the way to Canyon Village. Most exciting part of our trip happened when we encoutered a black bear with her two cubs. Nancy took a video as the two cubs took refuge under our SUV as the mother attempted to coax them out. You have got to see the video as it brought Nancy to tears. On our way to Red Lodge, by way of Cody, we stopped at the local WalMart for supplies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb